NHFDC Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023
When you are disabled and find it difficult to fit into society, you can apply for the NHFDC scholarship program made available by an organization that strives to make it easier for PWD candidates to get an education. The following information provides details about the eligibility criteria and the steps that will help you apply for the NHFDC scholarship without any hassle.
NHFDC Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023
The National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation has launched the NHFDC scholarship program for the disabled and anyone who is eligible must apply before the last date to get all the benefits and continue their education. The scholarship application form is available on the official website of the organization that initiated the scholarship.
Also See: Commonwealth Shared Scholarships UK 2022-2023 (Fully Funded)
Details About NHFDC Scholarship 2023
|Name||NHFDC Scholarship for Students with Disabilities|
|Published by||National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation|
NHFDC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
If you wish to apply for the scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:-
- There will be financial assistance available to Indian students with at least 40% disabilities as defined under the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995 for the NHFDC scholarship.
- Post-matric/post-secondary technical and professional courses, including PhD and M.Phil, will be financially assisted for the NHFDC scholar
- One student will receive the scholarship for taking only one course for the NHFDC scholarship.
- A minimum of 45 (forty-five) percent marks for professional courses, and 40% for other courses for the NHFDC scholar
- This Scheme is not intended for Post-Matric/Post Secondary Technical/Professional courses that last less than one year for the NHFDC scholar
- Scholarship holders under this scheme cannot simultaneously hold any other scholarship or stipend for the NHFDC scholar
- From all sources, the beneficiary’s family income should not exceed 15,000/- per month for the NHFDC scholarship. This includes the income of the beneficiary’s parents/guardians for the NHFDC scholarship.
Also See: Ireland Government Scholarship 2022-2023 | Fully Funded
Benefits Of NHFDC Scholarship
Candidates for this scholarship will receive the following benefits for the students:-
- Five hundred awards will be given annually through institutions where students are pursuing studies for the students in the NHFDC scholarship.
- The amount of scholarship will vary by course and will also depend on the availability of hostels or residential facilities at the institution for the students in the NHFDC scholarship.
- The course fee will also be reimbursed up to a maximum of Rs.10,000/- per student per year for the students in the NHFDC scholarship.
- In addition to students living in hostels/residential facilities provided by the institutions, those students will also be considered for the students in the NHFDC scholarship.
Also See: Bilkent University Scholarship in Turkey 2022-2023 | Fully Funded
The following awards will be provided according to the category of the students for the NHFDC scholarship:-
|Category||Male Students||Female Students|
|Students with orthopedic disability||58 Awards||58 Awards|
|Students with blindness or low vision||58 Awards||58 Awards|
|Students with hearing disability||58 Awards||58 Awards|
|Students with Cerebral palsy, Mental Retardation, Multiple Disabilities, Profound or Severe Hearing Impairment||76 Awards||76 Awards|
|Total||250 Awards||250 Awards|
The details of the awards according to the courses are given below in the following table for the students:-
|Courses of Study||(Rs. Per month)|
|Rate of scholarship hostellers (Rs/month)||Day scholars (Rs/ month)|
|PhD. / M. Phil and post-graduate courses in Engineering, Indian and other systems of Medicine/ Agriculture/Veterinary/ Information Technology/ Biotechnology, Education Management /||1000||700|
|Diploma and certificate level professional courses for the students||700||400|
|For students with cerebral palsy, mental retardation, multiple disabilities, and profound or severe hearing impairment, for pursuing for the students||700||400|
Also See: Food And Agriculture Organization United Nation Fellowship Program 2022-2023
The following documents must be submitted with the application form for the students:
- Academic records (attested copies of certificates and mark sheets – matriculated students and above) for the students
- Proof of family income, e.g. last income tax assessment notice for the students
- A certified copy of the disability certificate for the students
- Course fee receipt (if applicable) showing breakdown of each item duly paid during the academic session for the students
- For accommodation that is hired by at least 3 students living together with a common mess arrangement for the students.
Application Procedure NHFDC Scholarship
To apply for the recruitment you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
Visit the official website of the scholarship by clicking on the link provided here
Scholarship details will appear on the screen.
Make sure you read all the details carefully
Now click on the option named Click To Register
You will be redirected to the registration page
Hard copies of the duly filled scholarship application may be sent to National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India), Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad-121007 (Haryana).
Also See: KMUTT Scholarships in Thailand 2023 | Fully Funded For International Students