University of York Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships 2022/23.The Wolfson Foundation rewards outstanding students who demonstrate the power to influence their chosen field of study. These courses are available to international students (including the EU) and UK (local) students who have excelled academically.
At the University of York, with great support from the Wolfson Foundation, the Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships fund research for doctoral research through three Subject Matters – History, Literature and Languages.
Summary of Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Wolfson Foundation
Scholarship Type: Academic Excellent Award
Host Institution(s): University of York, UK
Scholarship Worth: £30,250 (See scholarship Benefits)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Application Deadline: January 26, 2022
Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible, you must:
- You have applied, and you should get a place offered, in the PhD program at the relevant department.
- Expect to start your PhD studies on October 1, 2022 (postponement is not allowed)
- Have a First or 2: 1 degree honors or equivalent before starting a PhD
- Completed Masters-level degree before committing PhD
- Have at least one research project the equivalent of Wolfson Foundation’s Subject Disciplines of History, Languages and Literature.
- Open to international students (including EU) and UK (local) students. The applicant must apply for accommodation at one of the following departments:
- Department of Archeology
- English and Related Literature Department
- Department of History
- Department of Art History
- Department of Language and Language Science
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Theater, Films, Television and Interactive News
- Intermediate Study Center
- Center for Women’s Studies
Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships Benefits
Each scholarship provides £ 30,250 per year (over three years) and includes:
Tuition fees (home / international level; when awarding an international student, the student department compares the difference between the national and international fees)
A maintenance grant of about £ 22,000 per year
Other research and training costs.
Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships DETAILS
Wolfson Scholarships will be awarded to successful applicants who must, appropriately, aspire to academic career. There are three bursaries available for 2022/23, which will be awarded to top students in all History, Literacy and Languages.
- University of East Anglia Scholarship 2022 for international students fully funded
- University Canada West Scholarship 2022 For International Students
- Queensland Scholarships 2022 Engineering and Computer Science Fully Funded
How-to-Apply: Applications for the Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships at University of York should be made online by accessing the online application form. For applying for the scholarship, note that;
- You must have made an application for a place of study via York Select before making an application for a Wolfson Scholarship
- This application form is for 2022/23 submission, and is open at noon on Thursday 4 November 2021
- Applicants must indicate the expected first date of October 2022 in their application process
- The closing deadline for applications is Wednesday 26 January 2022, at 5pm GMT
- In the interests of fairness, applications received after this deadline will not be considered.Website