Do you want to receive $2,000 for your first year of UBC tuition? Applications are now open for the Premier Undergraduate and Wesbrook Scholarships. These merit-based awards are open to BC high school students entering their first year of undergraduate studies at UBC, who demonstrate strong academic achievement in math, sciences or technology subjects as well as financial need. Applications will be accepted until October 11th, 2023 at 11:59pm PDT.
Table of Contents
About Premier Undergraduate and Wesbrook Scholarships
|Scholarship||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Last Date||11 October,2022|
|Host||The University of British Columbia|
Benefits of Premier Undergraduate and Wesbrook Scholarships
The Premier Undergraduate Scholarship is the most prestigious award available to undergraduate students at UBC. It is worth $40,000 and is renewable for up to four years of study. The Westbrook Scholarship is worth $20,000 and is also renewable for up to four years of study. Both scholarships are based on academic achievement and provide financial support that can help you focus on your studies. In addition, recipients of these scholarships often go on to be leaders in their field. If you are interested in applying for either of these scholarships, here are some tips
Eligibility of Premier Undergraduate and Wesbrook Scholarships
To be eligible for the Premier Undergraduate Scholarship, you must:
- Be an international Student
- Have an admission average of at least 90%
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be entering your first year of undergraduate study
- Not be in receipt of another major award (i.e.Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top Scholarship)
In order to be eligible for the Premier Undergraduate Scholarship, you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, have achieved a minimum 80% entrance average, and not be in receipt of another major award.
- For the Wesbrook Scholarship, you must have achieved a minimum 90% entrance average. You will also need to submit an application form, which includes an essay component.
- Please note that you cannot receive both scholarships – if you are eligible for both, you will need to decide which one you would like to receive.
- To apply for either scholarship, simply fill out the online application form. You will need to provide your contact information, educational history, and personal information such as extracurricular activities and community involvement.
How to apply
1. If you’re a high school student in British Columbia, you may be eligible for the Premier Undergraduate Scholarship.
2. The scholarship is worth $3,000 and is renewable for four years of undergraduate study.
3. To apply, you must submit an online application through the StudentAid BC website.
4. The application includes a personal profile, educational history, and financial information.
5. You’ll also need to write two essays: one on why you deserve the scholarship, and one on your educational and career goals.
6. Once your application is complete, it will be reviewed by a committee of volunteers from across the province.
Stay motivated – it’s worth it!
The application process for the Premier Undergraduate and Wesbrook Scholarships can be daunting, but it’s important to stay motivated throughout the process. These scholarships are highly competitive, so it’s important to put your best foot forward. Here are a few tips to help you through the process
Celebrate your success in any way you want!
Whether you’re headed to university or college in the fall or taking a gap year, you’ve worked hard and it’s time to celebrate your success! Here are five ways to do just that
Also apply for:
- Griffith University Scholarships in Australia 2022-2023
- Thailand Government Scholarships 2023 | Fully Funded
- KMU University Scholarships 2023 For International Students