Good news! Jason Lang Scholarship in Canada 2022-2023 applications is open now. Jason Lang, a 17-year-old student at Columbine High School in Alberta, died in a school shooting on April 28, 1999.
While you may think that getting big is no big deal, consider how many students have benefited from this scholarship program. Students are recognized and rewarded for their academic achievements with the Jason Lang Scholarship and encouraged to continue their studies at the undergraduate or professional level. Alberta Student Aid, an organization that offers scholarships, grants and loans to post-secondary students in Alberta, funds this scholarship in Canada 2023.
Lang scholarship requirements, application process, value and deadline were discussed in this article
Details About Jason Lang scholarship 2022-2023
|Deadline:||October 31, 2022|
Jason Lang Scholarship 2022 Requirements
scholarship in Canada 2023 fully funded:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Canada, a Canadian citizen, or a protected person.
- Before starting your post-secondary studies, you or your parent or partner must have lived in Alberta for 12 consecutive months.
- Based on an 80% full course load, you are expected to have a minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
- An undergraduate program at a publicly funded post-secondary institution in Alberta must be in its second or subsequent year.
- The Louise McKinney scholarship program cannot be awarded to you.
- A 1-year certificate program is not allowed.
- The applicant must not have received more than three Jason Lang Scholarships.
- A copy of the notice of decision or Verification of Status document (VOS) is required for protected persons, including convention refugees.
- There is generally a requirement for an Alberta Student Number (ASN) and a Social Insurance Number (SIN).
Eligibility for Jason Lang Scholarship
To eligible for Canada scholarship 2023, students must:
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Graduated from an eligible post-secondary institution in Alberta between September and April of the previous academic year with a minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Complete at least 80% of the full normal course load (i.e. at least 24 units of course weight for most programs) between September and April of the previous academic year.
- Students who transfer to another institution will be considered for the Jason Lang Scholarship by their current institution and are encouraged to apply by the fall application deadline.
- Louise McKinney Scholarships are not available for transfer students.
- In the second or subsequent year of a bachelor’s degree program or in any year of a professional or graduate program.
- You must be enrolled full-time for at least one semester in the upcoming academic year.
- As defined by the Alberta Scholarship Act, you must be a resident of Alberta:
- A person who has lived in Alberta continuously for 12 consecutive months prior to entering a post-secondary institution, or
- An individual whose parents or guardians have resided permanently in Canada for 12 consecutive months prior to commencing post-secondary studies in Alberta, or
One person married an Alberta resident immediately before starting post-secondary education.
How many times can you receive Jason Lang?
The scholarship can be received a maximum of three times. You won’t be able to get it if you have a GPA above this; there are other scholarships like this, so you shouldn’t have a problem getting it.
You may be blacklisted from applying for other scholarships offered by Alberta Student Aid if you try to game the system. Please see the following scholarship opportunities for Canadians if you are looking for other scholarship opportunities.
See Also: Loran Scholarship in Canada 2023
How to apply for Jason Lang Scholarship 2022
Fully funded scholarship in Canada 2023 for international students
- Use the link below to download the application form online.
- Due to the fact that you will be submitting the form offline, you will need to print it out.
- Please fill out your personal, citizenship, and residency information.
- Enter the enrolment information for your post-secondary institution.
- Sign in the area provided after filling out the information for your previous academic year.
- It is always a good idea to review your application to ensure that the information you filled in is accurate, and you can always print a new one if you made a mistake.
- Please submit your completed application form to your educational institution’s Student Awards Office.
Also check : Smysor Scholarship Program 2023
Incorrect details will delay your application processing, so verify them before submitting. Before the deadline, the application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted