Table of Contents
IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program 2022-2023 are fully funded PhD scholarships for international students so come and join this as soon as possible. International Mathematical Union Scholarship value is up to a maximum of USD 10,000 per year and cover tuition fee for the students, accommodation, travel expenses and living expenses for the students in the IMU Breakout Fellowship
Professional mathematicians are invited to nominate highly motivated and mathematically talented students from developing countries in the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship who plan to complete a doctoral degree in a developing country for the students, including their own home country for the students in the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship
Nominees must have a consistently good academic record and must be seriously interested in pursuing a career of research and teaching in mathematics for the students in the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship
It is the hope of the donors, the International Mathematical Union and The Friends of the International Mathematical Union for the students and hopefully results in extended benefits to the home countries of those chosen for the fellowships for the eligible students
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): International Mathematical Union
- Study in: Any country
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Mathematics
- Program Period: 4 years
- Deadline: May 31, 2022
IMU Breakout Fellowship Program value is up to a maximum of USD 10,000 per year can be covered by the grant so read it carefully
- Full tuition fee for the IMU Breakout Fellowship
- Accommodation expenses for the IMU Breakout Fellowship
- Travel expenses to the host institution (if different from the home country) for the IMU Breakout Fellowship
- Basic living expenses that will depend on the cost of the living of the country in which the student will study his/ her doctoral program for the IMU Breakout Fellowship
Eligibility Criteria for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program
To qualify for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below so read it carefully
- Required Language: English is required
- Eligible Countries: All world countries are eligible for the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship
- Students cannot apply themselves for the IMU Breakout Fellowship
- Professional mathematicians (including those who have superannuated, but continue to mentor young students). It is preferable that the nominator has been mentoring the nominee for the IMU Breakout Fellowship
- The student must be resident and a citizen of a developing country for the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship
- There is no age limit for the students in the IMU Breakout Fellowship
- Nomination for women students is strongly encouraged for the students in the IMU Breakout Fellowship
- The fellowship will be sanctioned for one year at a time and is renewable annually, based on satisfactory progress of the awardee for the students in the IMU Breakout Fellowship
How to Apply for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program:
(1) Register on the International Mathematical Union Platform from here. in the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship
(2) Fill in the Online Application Form from here. in the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship
Prepare the materials required for the selection process: (Only files in PDF format can be uploaded.) for the students in the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship
- Statement from nominator
- Scanned copy of student (nominee) passport.
- Official letter of pre-acceptance in the PhD Program.
- Budget of total expenses requested.
- PhD Supervisor CV.
- Research Project.
- Two letters of recommendation which both cannot come from the nominator.
- Transcripts of coursework (certified copies (e.g. stamped by the university)) of the student in the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship :
A) BSc degree or equivalent.
B) MSc degree or equivalent.
- Nominee CV.
- Nominee letter of motivation, research project and future plans of the student in the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship .
- Nominator declaration.
- PhD Supervisor declaration.
- Nominee (student) declaration.
To know more about IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program, please visit official website for the students: