Excelsior Scholarship For International Students
December 14, 2021
The Excelsior Scholarship University is pleased to announce that the State of New York, under the leadership of Governor Cuomo and the legislature, student loan debt by launching the Excelsior Scholarship so come and join this scholarship as soon as possible. This program is the first of its kind in the country for the eligible students. It will enable many New York State residents to attend a CUNY college tuition-free and establish a national model broadening access to higher education so never miss the chance and get the Excelsior Scholarship University.
- Be a resident of New York State for the Excelsior Scholarship University.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen for the Excelsior Scholarship University
- Complete at least 30 credits each year (successively), and applicable toward your degree program for the Excelsior Scholarship University
- To complete the application, you will need your 2018 IT-201 NYS Income Tax Return(s) for the Excelsior Scholarships University
- File for 2020-2021 Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and New York State Aid (TAP) for the Excelsior Scholarships University
OVERVIEW about Excelsior Scholarship
Tuition-free program for eligible NYS residents 1pursuing their first undergraduate degree at a SUNY or CUNY College for the students
- The Excelsior Scholarship application for the Spring 2021 Dates to be announced shortly for the students
- New York State residents can apply for the NYS Excelsior Scholarships via HESC. for the students
- If you have graduated from a high school outside the United States, you must meet the “Ability to Benefit” (ATB) requirement by the 21st day of the semester for the students in the Excelsior Scholarships. For more information, contact the Evaluation and Testing Office located at Wile Administration Building, Room A-213. Phone: 1(212) 650-6488 in the Excelsior Scholarships
- Students must file a FAFSA and TAP application before filing the excelsior scholarship for the eligible student.
- Applicants must be enrolled in at least 12 credits per term and complete at least 30 credits each year (successively), applicable toward their degree program for the eligible student in the Excelsior Scholarships.
- Recipients may receive up to $5,500 ($2,750 per semester) or actual tuition for the aid year, whichever is less for the eligible student in the Excelsior Scholarships
- Recipients must live in New York State for the length of time they received the award for the students. Failure to meet these requirements will result in the conversion of your award to a no-interest loan for the students.
- For additional information, contact HESC or visit their website for the students in the Excelsior Scholarships: www.hesc.ny.gov.
requirements for the Excelsior Scholarship FAQs – CUNY.
If you have any additional questions, you can contact the Scholarship Unit at [email protected] or call 1(888) 697-4372 so see this in details
INCOME CRITERIA for Excelsior Scholarship
|Academic Year||Tax||Income Limit|
Spring 2021-22 Term: TBA
HOW TO APPLY
*Students who are current recipients of the scholarship do not need to complete the 2020-21 application for the Excelsior Scholarships
In order to complete the application, you will need to:
- Complete the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the 2020-2021 Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Application for the Excelsior Scholarships
- Apply for the NYS Excelsior Scholarship via HESC at: www.hesc.ny.gov/excelsior, if you are a New York State resident1 for the Excelsior Scholarships
- Provide copies of the 2018 New York State income tax return(s) filled by you and your parent(s) for the Excelsior Scholarships
- Upload all of your college transcripts and your 2020-2021 Student Aid Report (SAR) for the Excelsior Scholarships
- Upload an official college transcript, if you are a transfer student with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for the Excelsior Scholarships
Please ensure that you upload your documents after you submitted the Excelsior Application at the Excelsior Scholarships for the students see this HESC Account Access page.