Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships: Applications are invited to eligible 2024 Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships for students from low- and middle-income countries. Funded by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
The bursary aims to support and encourage talented and motivated applicants to acquire the specific knowledge and skills needed to develop sustainable and targeted at those who would not have the financial means to study in the UK.
Summary of Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsor(s): UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarships to be taken at: Eligible Commonwealth Country University
Study level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: Low and Middle-Income Countries
Application Deadline: 2 March 2024
Table of Contents
Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for the Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Be a citizen or be granted a refugee status by a valid Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
Be a permanent resident of the ideal commonwealth.
Become a registered Ph.D. university student in a qualified Commonwealth country during the scholarship certification (September 2023).
Make sure there is an institutional or departmental link between your home university and the proposed UK university.
The applicant must be present to start academic studies in the UK at the beginning of the UK academic year in September / October 2023.
Applicants must provide all supporting documents in the required formats.
An applicant cannot afford to study in the UK without a scholarship.
Each scholarship provides:
• Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependents, nor the cost of journeys made before your award is confirmed)
• Approved tuition fees
• Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,133 per month, or £1,390 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2024 levels)
Proof of citizenship or refugee status: a copy of an official passport or national identity card showing a photograph, date of birth, country of citizenship or refugee status and uploaded to the online application process.
Complete academic transcripts for all higher education qualifications including the latest transcripts of any current degree (with verified translation if not in English). The same should be uploaded to the online application portal.
Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarship Benefits
Approved flight fee from your home country to the UK and back at the end of your prize.
• Approved tuition fees
• A stipend (living allowance) of £ 1,133 per month, or £ 1,390 per month for those in universities in the London metropolitan area (prices quoted at levels 2024)
• Grant for warm clothing, where appropriate
• Travel study grant in respect of study-related travel expenses within the UK or overseas
• If you are a widow, divorced, or single parent, a child grant of £ 485 per month for a first child, and £ 120 a month for a second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and live with you at the same address in the UK
- Westminster Vice-Chancellors Scholarships 2024 For International Students
- Einstein Scholarship 2024 in Germany
- University of Hamburg Scholarships 2024
- EPOS German Scholarships 2023
- ERA Scholarship 2023 In Canada
Eligible applications will be considered in line with the CSC’s CSC Selection Criteria 2022, including by the CSC selection committee in competition with other candidates.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
• Academic merit of the candidate
• Quality of the research proposal
• Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
Applicants interested in the Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships 2022 will apply to study at a UK university that is part of a scholarship agreement with the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC).
Applicants must apply directly to CSC using CSC’s online application system. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not done via the online application system.