university of winnipeg entrance Entrance Awards will be automatically offered to new international students entering studies at the University of Winnipeg in the 2022-23 academic year following graduation from a high school outside of Canada.
A few honors will be consequently applied dependent on your confirmation normal, others will require an application. Understudies who are effective in getting an application-required entry awardees should enroll for classes in the meeting for which the honor was advertised.
Table of Contents
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Winnipeg, Canada
Scholarship Type: Partially Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Winnipeg, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
Application Deadline: February 01, 2022
Eligibility Criteria for university of winnipeg entrance scholarship
Some awards will be automatically applied based on your admission average, others will require an application. To be eligible for awards, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
Present a UWinnipeg affirmation application something like a half year following secondary school graduation.
Present a finished application for affirmation, including all application expenses and all supporting documentation, no later than the honor qualification cutoff time for the ideal initial term of study.
Have not have been chosen for other UWinnipeg entrance grants. New worldwide understudies with different UWinnipeg grant offers will get one entry grant, whichever has the best worth.
Once chose to get a Global Exceptional Entry Grant, understudies should enlist for the accompanying least number of credit hours as per their initial term of study: university of winnipeg entrance
Fall term start: Register for at least 9 credit hours in both fall and winter terms inside the principal scholarly year.
Winter term start: Register for at least 9 credit hours in the colder time of year term and either at least 6 credit long stretches of 6 two months in length in the accompanying spring term; or a base 9 credit hours in the following fall term.
Spring term start: Register for at least 6 credit long stretches of 6 two months in length in the accompanying spring term; or a base 9 credit hours in the following fall term.
The Opportunity Fund
1. Bursary Program
The principal component of The Chance Asset is a bursary program intended to help students who have monetary need and are from under-addressed understudy populaces. The bursaries are expected to help understudies with their immediate instruction costs (educational cost and books), and depend on the individual monetary need of the candidate.
Eligibility: You may be eligible for this bursary program if you meet the following criteria:
- Have at least a 2.00 (C) grade point average, or a 65% admission average
- Demonstrate financial need
- Belong to a population currently under-represented at The University of Winnipeg such as recent immigrants or refugees and Indigenous students.
- Fall 2021 term: October 1
- Winter 2022 term: February 1
- Spring 2022 term: June 1
How To Apply: fill out an online application
2. Tuition Credit Program
Educational cost Credits permit you to “procure as you learn”. Understudies as soon as Grade 4 can acquire their educational cost by remaining in school, keeping up with passing marks, graduating and taking part locally. When you acquire a secondary school certificate, the help will be there to assist with taking care of your educational cost costs at The College of Winnipeg.
Value: Tuition credits are deferred awards. Depending on your activities in Grade 4-12, you could potentially earn an award of up to $4,000 towards your post-secondary education. Here is how it works:
Grades 4 through 8:
- $150 for each school year completed
- $50 for extra-curricular activities
Grades 9 through 12:
- $500 for each school year completed
- $150 if you get a 70% average or better
- $100 for extra-curricular activities.
Eligibility: To be enrolled in this pilot program, you must be actively involved in one of the following programs/schools:
- Southeast Collegiate
- Inner City Junior Wesmen Basketball team
- Model School at The University of Winnipeg Collegiate
How To Register:
- Southeast Collegiate – contact the high school administration
- Inner City Junior Wesmen Basketball team – contact the coach
- Model School at The University of Winnipeg Collegiate – contact the Model School Coordinator
The College of Winnipeg is focused on separating the boundaries to college training for Youth in Care. The Young In-Care Educational cost Waiver Program is a piece of the Chance Asset, and it is expected to cover undergrad educational expenses. Educational cost Waivers depend on the individual monetary need of the candidate and will be chosen by the Honors and Monetary Guide Office in association with the Youngster and Family Administration Specialists and the Territory of Manitoba.
Eligibility: You may be eligible for this tuition waiver if you meet the following criteria:
- Are a current or former youth-in-care
- Have applied to the University, are in the process of applying to the University, or have been given an offer of admission to the University for the upcoming Fall
- Over the age of 18 or turning 18 in the upcoming academic year
- Demonstrated financial need
- Nominated by a Child and Family Services Authority in Manitoba
- Enrol in a minimum of 18 credit hours per academic year (over Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer)
- Completion of an Authorization for the Release of Information form allowing the University and the Authority/Province to share information on your progress
- Maintain continued contact with the University and Authority/Province officials satisfactory to facilitate monitoring and administration of the ProgramApplication Deadline: TBD for academic year beginning Fall 2022Selection Process: The applications are forwarded to the University for review and selection. Application results are communicated after the University committee has reviewed applications and made their selections (June/July).
Virtual Tuition Waiver Information Sessions – register here
Dates & Times:
- November 17th at 2PM
- December 15th at 6PM
- January 15th at 2PM
- January 26th @ 6PM
- February 16th @ 2PM
Application Procedures for university of winnipeg entrance scholarship
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants are only required to complete an application for admission by the specified deadline. Then they are automatically assessed for scholarships. In some cases, no additional steps are required