Are you looking for Smysor Scholarship Program 2023? Windsor High School in Windsor, Illinois is offering the Smysor Windsor Illinois Scholarship Program 2023 to high school graduates. Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, community service, and leadership potential.
Each year, the John D. Smysor Foundation offers renewable scholarships of up to $4,000 to ten qualified students. Students pursuing higher education at accredited colleges and universities can apply for scholarships to receive financial assistance. Applicants who stay in Illinois and contribute to the community receive awards. Graduates are required to work at least 3 years in one of nine central counties, including LaSalle, Livingston, Macoupin, Madison and Pike.
Benefits Of Smysor Scholarship Windsor Illinois
The Smysor Scholarship Program 2023 in Windsor, Illinois provides students with the opportunity to receive a quality education while receiving financial aid. The Smysor Scholarship is a need-based scholarship awarded to eligible students attending public or private high schools in Illinois.
The Smysor Scholarship Program was established in 2006 by the Illinois General Assembly and is funded by state casino gaming revenue. The program is administered by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC). Since its inception, the Smysor Scholarship program has awarded more than $30 million in scholarships to more than 25,000 students. The average award amount is $1,200 per year.
The Smysor Scholarship Program is just one of the many ways the state of Illinois is working to make college more affordable for its residents. Other programs include the Monetary Award Program (MAP), which provides need-based grants to eligible Illinois students, and College Illinois! prepaid tuition program.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements?
The Smysor Scholarship Program in Windsor, Illinois provides financial assistance to eligible high school students who wish to pursue higher education. The scholarship is named after former Windsor High School Principal Jerry Smysor.
To be eligible for the Smysor Scholarship Program, applicants must:
- – Be currently enrolled in or have been accepted to an accredited college or university
- -Be a resident of the state of Illinois
- -Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- – Demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- – Study one of the following fields: agriculture, education, business, engineering or health
How to Apply for the Smysor Scholarship
The Smysor Scholarship is a need-based scholarship for students attending Windsor High School in Illinois. The scholarship is renewable for up to four years.
To apply for a Smysor scholarship, you will need to:
- Complete the online application form.
- 2) Submit a copy of your high school transcripts.
- 3) Submit a copy of your SAT or ACT scores.
- 4) Write a short essay (500 words or less) discussing your financial needs and how the Smysor Scholarship would help you achieve your educational goals.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Click Here for the application form.
1. What is the Smysor Scholarship?
The Smysor Scholarship is a need-based scholarship program providing financial assistance to students attending high school in Windsor, Illinois.
2. Who is eligible for the Smysor Scholarship?
To be eligible for the Smysor Scholarship, students must be residents of Windsor, Illinois and must demonstrate financial need.
3. How much money can I receive from the Smysor Scholarship?
The amount of money awarded to each student varies based on demonstrated financial need. Awards typically range from up to $4,000 $ per year.
4. How do I apply for the Smysor Scholarship?
To apply for the Smysor Scholarship, students must complete an online application which includes providing information about their financial needs and academic record.
5. When is the deadline to apply for the Smysor Scholarship?
The deadline to apply for the Smyser Scholarship is March 1st.
6. How will I know if I am awarded the Smysor Scholarship?
Students who are awarded the Smysor Scholarship will be notified by mail in early April.