KAAD Scholarship in Germany 2022 Katholischer Akademischer Ausländer-Dienst (KAAD) (Catholic, Catholic Academic Exchange Service) invites applications from prominent applicants who are interested in enrolling in a master’s or PhD degree program in Germany. This scholarship is a fully funded and highly competitive opportunity.
KAAD is a German Catholic Church study center for graduate students and scientists from (developing) countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Near and Middle East, and Eastern and Southeast Europe.
KAAD Scholarship in Germany 2022 Summary
Scholarship Scholarship: KAAD, Germany
Scholarship Type: Fully sponsored
Hosting Centers: Universities in Germany
Scholarship Worth: Fully sponsored
Prize Number: Multiple
Level of study: Masters & PhD
Nationality: International students
Application Deadline: Not Specified
KAAD International Scholarship 2022 DETAILS
KAAD expects the following from candidates:
Excessive performance in studies and research
The nature of your studies or research towards permanent reunification in your area (otherwise the bursary is converted into a loan),
Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to negotiate between religions.
KAAD supports its scholars with a variety of scholarships and educational programs and provides spiritual and personal assistance for future repetitive activities students will have in their home countries.
This is based on partnerships with partner committees and alumni organizations in those countries and aims to establish networks (science) and participate in holistic development, including religious and religious diversity.
To qualify for the KAAD International Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following criteria:
Applicants must be from a developing or developing country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently residing in it.
Applicants must have a university degree and technical experience from your home country
want to get a master’s degree or PhD from a German university or do a postgraduate research project (2-6 months of established university lecturers) German university
Are you a Catholic Christian (or in general a part of the Christian denomination). Candidates for other religions may apply for nominations from Catholic partners and may affirm their commitment to various religious discourses.
Applicants must have German language skills before starting the course (KAAD can offer language courses of more than 6 months in Germany).
See also: Heriot-Watt University Denis Goldberg Scholarship Program 2022
How to Apply: Applications are sent online via the online application portal. Please follow the instructions on the page to complete and submit the form accordingly.
KAAD works closely with our partner countries in your region. There are so-called Partner Committees in these countries and applications are sent through them. Applications from other countries can only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
Who can apply?
For the scholarship programme 1 of KAAD you can apply if you:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
What does KAAD expect from you?
- Above-average performance in studies and research
- The orientation of your studies or research towards permanent reintegration in your home region (otherwise the scholarship is turned into a loan),
- Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue.
KAAD is working with focus- and partner countries in your region. There are so-called Partner Committees in these countries and applications are channelled via them. Applications from other countries can be considered only in exceptional cas