Decretto Flussi, or the Flow Decree, is an important immigration policy implemented by the Italian government. It is designed to regulate and manage the entry of foreign workers into Italy based on specific labor market demands. In this article, we will explore Decreto Flussi 2023, its significance, and the opportunities it presents for both employers and prospective immigrants.
You can enter Italy for work, self-employment, seasonal work, or non seasonal work. Applicants who are granted a Visa on a Decreto Flussi program can stay in Italy for two years, and it can be renewable if they are still employed in Italy. All types of Fields are available. More details about the Italy Decreto Flussi 2023 are given below.
Understanding Decretto Flussi: Decretto Flussi is an annual decree that sets the quota for different categories of foreign workers allowed to enter Italy for employment purposes. The decree is based on the assessment of labor market needs and aims to strike a balance between the demand for foreign labor and the protection of local job opportunities.
Details About Decreto Flussi 2023
- Job Country: Italy
- Program Name: Decreto Flussi
- No Work Permits: 82,705
- Who can Apply: Non-Europeans
- Deadline: 31st December 2023
Understanding Decretto Flussi
Decretto Flussi is an annual decree that sets the quota for different categories of foreign workers allowed to enter Italy for employment purposes. The decree is based on the assessment of labor market needs and aims to strike a balance between the demand for foreign labor and the protection of local job opportunities.
- In 2022, Italy issued a total of 30,000 work permits under Decretto Flussi.
- The highest number of work permits was granted to seasonal workers (approximately 15,000), followed by non-seasonal workers (approximately 10,000), and self-employed workers (approximately 5,000).
Opportunities for Seasonal Workers:
Decretto Flussi provides opportunities for seasonal workers to meet the temporary labor demands in sectors such as agriculture, tourism, and hospitality. This category includes jobs that require specific skills for a limited period. Seasonal workers can benefit from gaining international work experience, earning income, and experiencing the rich cultural heritage of Italy.
- In 2022, the majority of work permits under the seasonal worker category were issued to workers from Eastern European countries.
- The demand for seasonal workers is expected to remain high in sectors like agriculture and tourism.
Opportunities for Non-Seasonal Workers:
Under Decretto Flussi, non-seasonal workers can apply for work permits in occupations where there is a shortage of qualified Italian workers. This category caters to various professions, including healthcare, IT, engineering, and skilled trades. Non-Seasonal workers have the opportunity to contribute their expertise to the Italian workforce and enhance their professional growth.
- In 2022, the non-seasonal worker category witnessed a significant demand for healthcare professionals, particularly nurses and doctors.
- Italy has been actively recruiting skilled workers to address labor shortages in specific sectors.
Opportunities for Self-Employed Workers:
Decretto Flussi also offers opportunities for self-employed workers who wish to establish their own businesses or freelance in Italy. This category is suitable for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and professionals looking to start their ventures or provide specialized services. It encourages innovation and economic growth by attracting individuals with entrepreneurial skills and expertise.
- In 2022, self-employed work permits were granted to individuals with various professional backgrounds, including technology, creative arts, and consultancy services.
- Italy has been promoting entrepreneurship and self-employment as a means to stimulate economic development.
Decretto Flussi 2023 plays a crucial role in Italy’s immigration policy by balancing labor market demands with the need to protect local employment opportunities. It offers diverse opportunities for seasonal workers, non-seasonal workers, and self-employed individuals, contributing to economic growth, cultural exchange, and skill development. Understanding the opportunities presented by Decretto Flussi can help both employers and prospective immigrants navigate the process and make the most of this immigration policy.
Also Check : Microsoft Visa Sponsorship Jobs In USA 2023
Last Date for Decreto Flussi 2023
You have to submit the application by 31st December 2023
Decreto Flussi Rules for 2023
Total Work Permits: 82,705
The Italian government breaks down in detail the number of visas reserved for each category.
- Subordinate work: 38,705 visas
- Self-employment: 500 visas
- Seasonal work: 44,000 visas
- 30,105 entries for employment, seasonal, and self-employment.
- 44,000 entries for seasonal employment in the agriculture and tourism-hotel sectors for people from specific countries.
- 7000 entries into subordinate and autonomous work residence permit.
- 1000 for people who have completed training and education programs abroad as approved by the Ministry of Labour and Education
- 500 for autonomous workers such as entrepreneurs, freelancers, start-ups, professionals, famous artists and directors, and auditors of Italian companies.
- 100 for people residing in Venezuela who have Italian origin up to the third-degree direct line of ancestry through at least one parent.
How to Apply for the Decreto Flussi 2023?
To apply for the Decreto Flussi, you must first find a job offer in Italy. Once you have a job offer, you can apply for a visa at the Italian embassy or consulate in your home country.
How to Find a Job in Italy?
So, you must have a job offer from an Italian employer. Then the Italian employer will apply for the Work permit on your behalf.
There are many websites from where you can apply for the Jobs in Italy such as:
- EURES Job Portal (Website to Find Jobs in Europe)
Companies in Italy that Offer Work Visas
Here are some of the companies in Italy that offer work visas:
- Attilio Cocchi
- Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- General Electric
- Infineon Technologies
- Intesa Sanpaolo
- McKinsey & Company
- Philip Morris International
- Telecom Italia
Q: What is Decretto Flussi?
Decretto Flussi, also known as the Flow Decree, is an immigration policy implemented by the Italian government to regulate and manage the entry of foreign workers into Italy for employment purposes. It sets quotas for different categories of foreign workers based on labor market needs.
Q: How often is Decretto Flussi issued?
Decretto Flussi is issued annually by the Italian government. Each year, a new decree is released to determine the quotas and conditions for foreign workers entering Italy.
Q: What are the different categories of foreign workers under Decretto Flussi?
Decretto Flussi categorizes foreign workers into three main groups: seasonal workers, non-seasonal workers, and self-employed workers. Each category is designed to address specific labor market demands and skill requirements.
Q: Who can benefit from Decretto Flussi?
Decretto Flussi benefits both employers in Italy who require foreign workers to fill labor shortages and prospective immigrants seeking employment opportunities in Italy. Seasonal workers, non-seasonal workers, and self-employed individuals can all benefit from the opportunities provided by Decretto Flussi.
Q: What are the opportunities for seasonal workers under Decretto Flussi?
Decretto Flussi provides seasonal workers with opportunities to work in sectors such as agriculture, tourism, and hospitality. These jobs are typically temporary and require specific skills for a limited period. Seasonal workers can gain international work experience, earn income, and immerse themselves in the cultural heritage of Italy.
Q: What are the opportunities for non-seasonal workers under Decretto Flussi?
Non-seasonal workers have the opportunity to apply for work permits in occupations where there is a shortage of qualified Italian workers. This category includes various professions such as healthcare, IT, engineering, and skilled trades. Non-seasonal workers can contribute their expertise to the Italian workforce and advance their professional growth.
Q: What are the opportunities for self-employed workers under Decretto Flussi?
Decretto Flussi offers opportunities for self-employed workers who wish to establish their own businesses or work as freelancers in Italy. This category is suitable for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and professionals looking to start their ventures or provide specialized services. It encourages innovation and economic growth by attracting individuals with entrepreneurial skills and expertise.
Q: How can employers and prospective immigrants benefit from understanding Decretto Flussi?
Understanding Decretto Flussi enables employers to navigate the process of hiring foreign workers and address labor shortages effectively. Prospective immigrants can make informed decisions about the opportunities available to them and understand the requirements and conditions for entering Italy under Decretto Flussi.