Step 1: Eligibility and Deadline
To be eligible for consideration as a Davidson Fellow for the students, applicants must see all this things:
- New for 2022: Teams of two are eligible for the Davidson fellows scholarship!
- Be 18 or younger as of the application deadline to be eligible for the Davidson fellows scholarship.
- Be a U.S. citizen residing in the United States the students must get some chance in this scholarship, or a Permanent Resident of the United States military duty are eligible for the Davidson fellows scholarship.
- There is no minimum age for eligibility for the Davidson fellows scholarship.
- Please check out this Frequently Asked Questions video with information on eligibility, category requirements, and application tips for the Davidson fellows scholarship!
- The 2022 application deadline has passed for the Davidson fellows scholarship.
Davidson Fellows must be available to attend, with one parent or guardian, the awards reception and other recognition events for the eligible candidates in the Davidson fellows scholarship
Step 2: Review Category Requirements and Criteria for the students
- an exceptionally creative application of existing knowledge for this scholarships
- a new idea with high impact
an innovative solution with broad-range implications
- an important advancement that can be replicated and built upon for this scholarship
- an interdisciplinary discovery
- a prodigious performance
- another demonstration of extraordinary accomplishment for this scholarships
Information for teams:
- Teams may be no more than two people for this scholarships.
- Both team members must attend any in-person awards events for this wonderful scholarship.
- Scholarship money will be split evenly between the two team members for the students.
- As with solo submissions, two nominators are required for the students.
Please note: Projects in the arts including photography, sculpture, film, visual, etc. are not eligible for consideration for the students.
Categories include Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Literature, Music, Philosophy, and Outside the Box for the eligible students.
Step 3: Application Submission & Deadline
- Please submit the initial portion of the application as soon as possible for the students. (The sooner you submit the initial portion for the students, the sooner your application can be approved, giving your nominators more time to fill out their forms, detailed below for the students in the Davidson fellows scholarship
- The initial portion will ask you for your project title and description, as well as your nominators’ names and email addresses for those students who are wanted to study here in this Davidson fellows scholarship. If you leave any of these fields blank, your application will be sent back to you for completion for the eligible candidates who are wanted to interested in the Davidson fellows scholarship.
- Once the initial portion of your application has been submitted, it will be held for review (1-2 business days) for the Davidson fellows scholarship so never miss this opportunity apply before the date.
- When the initial portion of your application is approved, you will receive an email notification alerting you that you can continue by opening this link for the best information SAMPLE Nominating Form (PDF)
- When your nominators have completed their forms, confirmation of receipt emails will be sent to the applicant and nominators for the students.
- Once you have submitted all of your application materials, category requirements and attachments, the Parent Form will automatically be sent to your parent(s) for the students in the Davidson fellows scholarship
- When all application materials have been submitted, including category requirements and attachments, parent form(s) for the students in the Davidson fellows scholarship
- The deadline for receipt of all application materials is February 23, 2022, noon, Pacific time for the students in the fellows scholarship.
Step 4: Review Process and Notification
The independent team of judges will identify which applicants will be named Davidson Fellows and decide whether they will receive a $10,000, $25,000 or $50,000 scholarship for those students who are eligible for this scholarship and have a chance to get the fellows scholarship. Judges’ Project Selection Scale (PDF)
All applicants are notified on or before July 15 each year for the eligible students.